Early 1900s Tiffany & Co. Patek Philippe 18K Solid Yellow Gold Pocket Watch w/ Seconds Dial - incl. PP Extract from Archives
- Tiffany & Co. combination men’s pocket watch
- Patek Philippe movement - 20 jewels, 8 adjustments, 43mm dia. mvmt, 47mm dia. case
- Manufactured in 1913 by Patek Philippe; sold July 13, 1914
- 18K solid yellow gold case, subsidiary seconds dial, 18’’’ calibre, lever escapement
- Open-face, bassine style, enamel dial, Breguet numerals, standard pendant crown, mineral glass crystal
- Movement #: 173.799
- Case #: 281.675
- Engraved with initials "GFP" on rear of case
- Tested and running smoothly: 1 full wind = 30+ hours of operation, accurate within 5-10sec over full run time.
- Obtained Patek Philippe’s identification Extract from their Archives on Nov. 25, 2019 (shown in pictures)
- Overall outer dimensions: 47.1mm diameter (61.8mm dia incl crown) x 11.1mm depth
- Total weight: 74.6 grams
This pocket watch belonged to my great-grandfather, who most likely received or purchased it on or around his graduation from Harvard College in 1914. His initials were "GFP", which are inscribed on the watch's case rear. I have several archival documents from Harvard which mention his name as a member of their Class of 1914, and these together with the Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives document indicating the watch's manufacture/sale dates should establish the authenticity and provenance of the watch fairly well.
Cosmetic condition is excellent, with high polish on the gold exterior and interior dust covers. There are light scratches on the rear of the case from normal use, as well as some light scratches on the front crystal. There is the typical wear on the lip of the case lid (see picture) as well as the lip of the interior dust cover lid, from contacting these lips in order to open the case and access the movement. The movement itself is also in excellent condition, visually and functionally. Considering that the watch is over 100 years old, it is remarkable how pristine and unblemished it is, inside and out. An excellent specimen of early 20th century gold pocket watches from legendary watch-maker Patek Philippe.
Documents provided upon purchase of watch: Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives document and cover letter in original Patek Philippe folder, copies of Harvard College archival documents showing my great-grandfather (original owner of watch whose initials were GFP) as being member of their class of 1914.
|Value of Items Shipped||Shipping Charge to Buyer|
|$8000 and +||$99.95|